Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Favorite Anime

Because I love revealing my tastes ( as well as others) here's my favorite Japanese cartoons:

*Neon Genesis Evangelion (Includes End of Evangelion and the Rebuild movies)

*Cowboy Bebop

*Legend of the Galactic Heroes

*Revolutionary Girl Utena

*Urusei Yatsura

*Rose of Versailles

*Galaxy Express 999

*Haibane Renmei

*Serial Experiments: Lain

*Touch

*Patlabor

*Some of Miyazaki's stuff, most of Oshii's and Kon's work.

I think that's most of my favorites. I would include Dragon Ball but that's really just nostalgia talking.

What's your favorites? I'd be curious to hear.

5 comments:

  1. Great list. Though, I question why you put Galaxy Express 999 there.

    I am currently watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but it will take a long, long while to finish it. I can only hope it is worth it.

    And Touch, it was mentioned a few times as a great anime on some forums, but it is a very, very long show with 101 episodes. Is it really worth it? What is so special about it?

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for commenting! My thoughts on a lot of these have actually change to honest.

    Galaxy Express 999 was just something I threw on there because it was fresh on my mind.

    LoGH is very good but I don't think it's quite up to the hype.

    Finally, I found Touch to be just a really touching teen drama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not connect to Galaxy Express 999, but I welcome putting Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop up there. Considering Touch has 101 episodes, it is remarkable you had the persistency to see it to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, GE999 is a cold beast.

    Touch is just a really good show. Just like Maison Ikkoku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I finished LOGH. A classic anime.

    ReplyDelete